Languages.Org.Au – CAL Tamil 2022-S1Languages.Org.Au Home → Tamil → CAL Tamil 2022-S1
On this page
Unit outlines and term overviewsUnit outlines and term overviews are the top two layers of the program of learning for each CAL class.
- Unit outlines are posted on class pages (see below) in advance each semester and term overviews are posted at the start of each term. The unit outline for each unit provides a general unit description, a summary of unit goals, an overview of focus areas for reflection, and a schedule of assessment tasks with their categories, timing and weighting.
- Term overviews provide a summary of what is to be done week by week in the face-to-face session and in the set work between sessions. Set work completed outside face-to-face time forms part of the evidence of participation in designated hours to meet requirements for unit credits. Term overviews are updated when relevant on an ongoing basis.
- The third layer in the CAL program of learning consists of weekly modules, which provide additional information and resources for each week in the program. These are accessed via each of the class portals on Google Classroom, in addition to selected topic-based curated links to resources posted here on Languages.Org.Au under the relevant languages.
Continuing TamilContinuing Tamil Unit Outline 2022-S1, posted 21/01/2022.
Continuing Tamil Overview 2022-Q1, posted 31/01/2022.
Continuing Tamil Overview 2022-Q2, posted 2/04/2022.
Topics for this semester
Topics for Q1 are the following:
- At and around home
Topics for Q2 will be posted here in coming weeks.
- Careers and career pathways, career futures
- Daily routine and leisure
- School life
Assessment item descriptions
Assessment task descriptions will be posted ahead of scheduled assessment tasks and will be updated if and when there are changes. For general information on the timing of assessment tasks throughout the semester, see the Events page on CAL website. Look for the pencil-and-paper icons.
ListeningAT1 Advice for the listening assessment task, posted 19/02/2022.
ReadingAT2 Advice for the reading assessment task, posted 19/02/2022.
SpeakingAT3 Advice for the speaking assessment task, posted 12/05/2022.
WritingAT4 Advice for the writing assessment task, posted 18/052022.
Assessment rubricsAssessment rubrics for Canberra Academy of Languages programs are located on the Assessment Rubrics section of the Programs page on CAL website. -->
Last updated© Languages.Org.Au
Resources for language learning
Managed by the Canberra Academy of Languages