Languages.Org.Au – CAL Korean 2023-S1Languages.Org.Au Home → Korean → CAL Korean 2023-S1
On this page
Unit outlinesUnit outlines and term overviews are the top two layers of the program of learning for each CAL class. More details are provided via Google Classroom.
- Unit outlines are posted on class pages (see below) in advance each semester and term overviews are posted at the start of each term, as soon as these are finalised. The unit outline for each unit provides a general unit description, a summary of unit goals, an overview of focus areas for reflection, and a schedule of assessment tasks with their categories, timing and weighting.
- For more details about the course program for face-to-face sessions and work required outside the face-to-face sessions, please refer to the class portal on Google Classroom. Work completed outside face-to-face sessions forms part of the evidence for participation credits in the program.
Beginning Korean - The Changing WorldBeginning Korean Unit Outline 2023-S1 The Changing World [posted 1/02/2023]
Continuing Korean - The Changing WorldContinuing Korean Unit Outline 2023-S2 The Changing World [posted 1/02/2023]
Term overviewsKorean Overview 2023 Q1 & Q2, The Changing World [posted 19/02/2023]
Resources by topic
The Changing World
Follow your class portal on Google Classroom for resources about The Changing World. Items will be posted/updated as successive topics are introduced.
Sub-headings of particular relevance on that page for Q1 are the following:
- Modern Korean street fashion (Domain 3: Values, beliefs and perspectives)
- Traditional Korean clothing in modern Korean society (Domain 2: Contexts of language and culture)
- How K-fashion is changing modern style (Domain 1: Engaging with texts in relation to the changing world)
- Sustainability of traditional vs modern clothing (Domains 1, 2 and 3)
Relevant sub-headings for Q2 are the following:
- Sustainability of environment and clothing: fast fashion
- Compare Korean vs Western perspectives on how the fashion industry can and should respond to waste – representation in news media, social media and advertising (Domain 4: Features of language use; Domain 5: Reflection; Domain 6)
Assessment item descriptionsAssessment task descriptions will be posted ahead of scheduled assessment tasks and will be updated if and when there are changes. For general information on the timing of assessment tasks throughout the semester, see the Events page on CAL website. Look for the pencil-and-paper icons.
ReadingAdvice for AT1 Reading assessment task - The Changing World, posted 22/02/2023
ListeningAdvice for AT2 Listening assessment task - The Changing World, posted 22/02/2023,updated 6/03/2023
Resources for language learning
Managed by the Canberra Academy of Languages