Languages.Org.Au – CAL German 2023-S1Languages.Org.Au Home → German → CAL German 2023-S1
On this page
Unit outlinesUnit outlines and term overviews are the top two layers of the program of learning for each CAL class. More details are provided via Google Classroom.
- Unit outlines are posted on class pages (see below) in advance each semester and term overviews are posted at the start of each term, as soon as these are finalised. The unit outline for each unit provides a general unit description, a summary of unit goals, an overview of focus areas for reflection, and a schedule of assessment tasks with their categories, timing and weighting.
- For more details about the course program for face-to-face sessions and work required outside the face-to-face sessions, please refer to the class portal on Google Classroom. Work completed outside face-to-face sessions forms part of the evidence for participation credits in the program.
Beginning German - The Changing WorldBeginning German Unit Outline 2023-S1 The Changing World [posted 1/02/2023]
Continuing German - The Changing WorldContinuing German Unit Outline 2023-S2 The Changing World [posted 1/02/2023]
Advanced German - The Changing WorldAdvanced German Unit Outline 2023-S1 The Changing World [posted 1/02/2023]
Term overviewsAdvanced German Overview 2023 Q1 & Q2, The Changing World [posted 19/02/2023]
Resources by topic
The Changing World
Follow this link for German resources about The Changing World. Items will be posted/updated as successive topics are introduced.
Sub-headings of particular relevance on that page for Q1 are the following:
- Umweltbewusstsein (environmental awareness; What is it and why is it important? - Domains 1, 3)
- Nachhaltigkeit (sustainability in different areas, such as food, clothes, cities … - Domains 1, 2, 3)
- Nachhaltigkeit und Klimawandel (sustainability and climate change - Domains 1, 2, 3)
- Erneuerbare Energien (renewable energies - Domains 1, 2, 3)
Relevant sub-headings for Q2 are the following:
- Leben mit Naturkatastrophen (Life influenced by natural disasters - Domains 1, 2, 3, 4)
- Eine Welt voller Plastik (A world full of plastic - Domains 1, 2, 3)
- Recycling (Domains 1, 2, 3, 4)
- Globalisation (Domains 1, 2, 3, 4)
Assessment item descriptionsAssessment task descriptions will be posted ahead of scheduled assessment tasks and will be updated if and when there are changes. For general information on the timing of assessment tasks throughout the semester, see the Events page on CAL website. Look for the pencil-and-paper icons.
ReadingAdvice for AT1 Reading assessment task - The Changing World, posted 22/02/2023
ListeningAdvice for AT2 Listening assessment task - The Changing World, posted 22/02/2023, updated 6/03/2023
Assessment rubricsAssessment rubrics for Canberra Academy of Languages programs are located on the Assessment Rubrics section of the Programs page on CAL website
Resources for language learning
Managed by the Canberra Academy of Languages